Fly Gym at Pole Catz
Fly Gym Aerial Fitness®is a holistic aerial fitness system that combines the science of physical conditioning with the philosophy of movement therapy. Fly Gym classes are designed to help individuals of all ages and abilities achieve optimal fitness and well-being in a fun and safe suspended environment. The Fly Gym system incorporates suspended athletic conditioning, aerial yoga and Pilates exercises, and pole and aerial arts inspired movements. Our programs are based on the latest research in exercise science and holistic methods of teaching physical activity. Fly Gym exercise programs are progressive, adaptable, and creative. It is not only a fun new fitness system, it is also a great conditioning tool for pole athletes, people who are involved in various sports and it also is beneficial for increasing mobility for people who have limited abilities due to various conditions. We call it the “accidental workout” because Fly Gym helps individuals achieve “Better Health through Fitness Made fun!
Fly Gym classes at Pole Catz Australia are practiced using a set of supportive fabric slings that are hung from the ceiling. The set includes 13 pieces with 7 slings for different body parts. Our fabric slings are made of a stretchy, comfortable cotton blend fabric, incredibly strong and very comfortable! Using Fly Gym equipment, participants can suspend their body (or parts of their body) so they can enjoy motion in 360 degrees while sculpting their bodies in the air. This helps improve strength and body awareness, increase joint mobility, decompress the spine, and gives the opportunity to find creativity and joy in physical activity.
Taking your workout off the ground helps improve balance, body awareness, overall strength (because your muscles have to work harder!) and helps to increase the depth of your stretches for improved overall mobility. Learn how to use Fly Gym equipment to add assistance for exercises you have trouble doing on your own (the hammock acts as a “spotter” to help support your body weight) or use the equipment to give you a greater challenge by changing your relationship to gravity, or even go into full suspension flying exercises!
Why workout with Fly Gym?
- Enjoy deeper, more relaxing stretches (because you do not have to pull or force yourself into the stretch…you can just hang and relax!)
- Strengthen your joints without impact or stress
- Experience spinal decompression
- Improve your posture & muscular balance by lengthening & strengthening the muscles/tendons/ligaments with proper alignment
- Gain incredible core strength
- Improve your body awareness and develop an appreciation for your body’s abilities.
- Our adjustable equipment can be modified to fit participants of various shapes, sizes, and fitness levels. It is made of supportive, safe, and comfortable material, which makes the exercise more enjoyable!
- More advanced participants have the option of doing “flying exercise” where they are completely off the ground, practicing aerial circus inspired movements which require greater strength, control, and flexibility.